Sunday 3 March 2013

Rabbit, Rabbit, Bunny, Bunny

Recently I have made a couple of rabbits for friends for Easter...

The one I finished this morning is a Tilda pattern, am not sure about the nose as I think it looks a little canine but I know that the young lady who I made it for will love it.  On balance, I think it might be a hare because of its lovely long ears... although I have not seen it box yet, but I reckon that dress might be hiding a Lonsdale belt beneath it.

Now this is one I saw in a magazine and my fingers just itched to get it made, it's actually made from recycled jeans and a fleece picked up from a local charity shop. I would add just one caveat, when you are making it up, make sure that the legs have faded equally when you cut out your pattern pieces.
I have another pattern to make bunnies which I hope to finish during the week and will share with you soon.

Anyway, I am pleased with these little chaps as I had lost my my making mojo for a couple of weeks, so I will be editing pictures and patterns over the week and making up for lost time.

Now to get me back on track, I will be going over to Wendy's HandmadeMonday for even more inspiration.

And all week I will be silently saying the bunny rabbit knitting rhyme... perfect garter stitch every time!

Into the Bunny Hole
Run around the tree
Out of the Bunny Hole
Away runs he!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute rhyme! The rabbits are lovely too. Such characters already. Glad that you have your mojo back. Enjoy it :)

Myth Illogical said...

I like your green bunny that might be a hare- very sweet!

Wendy said...

Must be springtime with all these rabbits making an appearance. They're both lovely! I love the idea of making toys from old jeans - what a brilliant way to recycle them!

Patchwork Fairy said...

Bunnies! love 'em! The fabric on your Tilda rabbit is great - it would make up nicely into lots of different items items I think.

Helen said...

They are really cute! I often visit chrity shops hoping tomfind some clothes to upcycle, but never have the guts to actually try! Maybe i should bite the bullet.
I'm sure the recipient of the top rabbit will love it x

Natalie Jones said...

I love your bunnies! Glad your making mojo is back x

CatkinJane said...

They are both lovely but have to admit a favouritism towards the second as it looks so huggable :)

Free Spirit Designs said...

Aww your bunnies are cute!! I agree that the first looks like a very handsome hare with those long ears... he's just gorgeous! I love your little up-cycled chappie too, he definitely has his own cheeky character :) x

Unknown said...

Preciosos los conejitos. Me encantan las telas del primero.
Besos.
Lola.

Gertie said...

The bunnies are so sweet !!!!

I love the ears on the Tilda bunny.

Fiddly Fingers said...

Love both the bunnies. Although my favourite is the little one made from Jeans. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bunnies! The fabric on the Tilda one is lovely and the blue bunny is adorable.
xx

Unknown said...

Awww the bunnies are gorgeous! I love the denim one's little jumper too! I'd forgotten that rhyme :-) Simmi x

Bev Newman said...

Hare's are beautiful and have longer faces and ears, so I think you're green bunny is definitely a hare! I love the upcycled bunny too. The little rhyme is similar to one I came up with when I was teaching a friend to knit - I'd not heard the proper version anywhere before today though :-)

Ginx Craft said...

Love your flowery bunny with the big ears best!

fatmonica said...

They're both gorgeous and full of character!

Jan said...

What lovely bunnies, I love recycling fabric for toys. They are so cute. :)

Jan x

Stephen @ Soy of the North said...

Both your bunnies are lovely. Don't think I've ever heard that rhyme before.

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Gorgeous bunnies - all the more so because of them being from up-cycled goodies from a charity shop. Hope you have a good week.

AliceAndFlorence said...

The tilda bunny is beautiful. I like the fabrics you've chosen. The other little rabbit is a cute thrifty make too. I love the ears!
Wendy x