Sunday 3 July 2011

Sole story

I have a confession... I like shoes, no strike that I love them, so I was really delighted when I spotted this shop in Marylebone Lane - Tracey Neuls - especially as I was feeling a bit miserable but this shop put a really big smile on my face.
So I went inside and asked if I could take some pics, they explained that every so often they have a designer in to set up new designs in the shop.  And OK I felt a bit smug cos guess who displays her own handknitted booties on cake plates... does this mean I am ahead of the curve?
So if you are in Oxford Street, pop in and take a look, all the shoes are handmade and imported from Italy... I just hope that they can get rid of the marks my face made pressed up against the window!
Well now, I have a further confession, in my bedrooms are over 100 pairs of shoes... some of which date back to the 1980s and once every couple of months I have a grand polishing session!  Thought you might like to see a few of my fave pairs...
Every girl should have a pair of black patent shoes
especially if they are made by Christian Louboutin.
And who did not grow up wanting a pair of red shoes
after they watched The Wizard of Oz?
Jimmy Choos - nuff said!
Here is the dress which I had in pieces last week... don't look too closely as it is not finished, guess who forgot to check that she had matching cotton to attach the bodice to the skirt?
So good job I always have red cotton in my cotton box!
Now go over the Wendy's Handmade Monday to see what everyone else has been up to, and do remember to leave comments, I know that it means a lot to me when people do.

Finally, I have an announcement, on Wednesday I have a guest blogger, Susie from Useless Beauty Designs, take a look she writes a superb blog!

17 comments:

cj- catmumdo said...

Fab little dresses! That shoe shop is brill, what a great way to get people interested :) Those are some killer heels you have there!!

Baby Gray said...

I love those little dresses, they're so cute and I bet they look gorgeous on the little ones. x

Helen said...

The dresses look lovely :)

And shoes on a table! NOOO, can't deal with that, sorry, it is soooo unlucky!

Carolee Crafts said...

Amazing what you can find in London, Walton Street just off the Kings Road leading to Sloane Square (oh dear that takes me back to my haunts) is the same, wonderful quirky boutiques with imagination, wonderful so much better than the normal high street shops. Loving the dresses Ros

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

What a great shop I'm not surprised you were thrilled to find it. Those heels are amazing I love shoes but I can't do heels like that, I could wear them as along as I wasn't expected to move in them. Your cute little dresses are lovely and will make some little girl somewhere feel very special

Wendy said...

My middle daughter is a shoe queen - she unpacked kitchen essentials to fit in more shoes when she went to uni. She was strictly limited to luggage as she was in halls in central London & we took her by train.
I shall show her your blog - she's on her way up from London as I type!
Me? I have one pair I wear to death. I'm an embarrassment to be seen out with!

Polly Polkadot said...

One of the reasons I wish to move house is to wear different shoes - heels don't work in a field full of sheep!
Very sweet dresses.

Unknown said...

Those dresses are gorgeous. I can see why you loved that shop what a clever idea.

Claire Cooper said...

Loving the shoes - Great Idea and the dresses are soooo cute.

Kazies Magical Designs said...

wow what a great display of shoes what an amazing find the dresse look very cute too xx

Unknown said...

Such cute little dresses. Booties on plates is cute but shoes noooooo! I wish I had kept some of my killer heels from 80's yours are fab!

Kat Shenton said...

Who doesn't love a good shoe!

I love the lay out of that shop. It's so quirky.

I don't believe in shoes on the table being bad luck so it's excellent!

Ali said...

Oooh, new shoes on a table - my Dad will be spinning in his grave!! Very weird way of displaying but I guess it gets people talking...

I wear shoes until they fall apart (do the same with bags) and can't wear heels anymore - I used to work in high heels when I was a hairdresser - standing all day in them! Not anymore!

Ali x

fatmonica said...

Gorgeous dresses-I love them.Love that shoeshop too!

itsamistry said...

I LOVE shoes to - regretably I don't have any Jimmy Choos but I do have a large collection of them.

June said...

Your dresses are lovely. I wouldn't have called myself a lover of shoes - ahem, until after going on hols for a week was amazed to find I took 10 pairs of shoes - how mad is that! How many pairs of shoes can you wear in a day! Enjoyed the shoe pics you took.

Kat Shenton said...

Just awarded you with a versatile blogger award. Congrats!!