Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year - New Additions

Happy New Year readers! Let's hope that 2011 is a much better year than last year.

I have a friend who is expecting her very first baby in February, I have already forced on her a couple of pairs of booties and now I have made her a cardigan and matching hat courtesy of Sublime and Ravelry.  Both in essence simple patterns but they look so effective and made in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.

The flower border is knitted and I thought it might look good in a contrasting colour but the borders looked rather plain and unfinished so I added a double crochet around the cuffs, collar and front.


I made a rather lovely hat to go with the jacket, just hope the babe to be will be able to keep the hat on!



The cup and saucer in the background is my very first cup and saucer... so over 50 years old, I still have the egg cup but not sure what happened to the porringer, if you know where it is, please may I have it back?

Hope that Stacey will like them both

1 comment:

Craft and Activities for All Ages said...

Come February, please put up a photo of the baby in this cute little outfit! Just love it!