Friday 17 June 2011

Gingham Hearts

I had been asked to make three different sized rag wreaths for a local cafe but I have really struggled with the brief.  Sarah wanted them to be bright but using red, yellow and orange.  The cafe has a very homely feel and lots of plaques, greenery and, hearts and gingham were a big theme.
I have to admit that I did every form of displacement activity not to make them as whenever I started, the yellows and oranges just overpowered everything.  So this afternoon I stared the heart forms squarely in the face and started by putting on just the red strips and then added in the oranges, yellows and used a purple gingham to break it up.
So, it is off to the Tea Garden on Sunday to hand them over.  
Just hope that Sarah likes them and the other great thing is she says I can leave my card with them... yippee!  So hopefully some other peeps will order them, fingers crossed.

7 comments:

Krazy Krafts said...

Oh they are great,you are very clever,hope you get more orders from this.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

These have definitely gone on my list of things to have a go at. They look perfect I'm sure your lady will love them

Mrs A. said...

I know Sarah's Tea Garden and these are going to look fabulous in there. Hugs Mrs A.

Annie and Lyn said...

They are winners!

Polly Polkadot said...

Oh they are lovely and cheerful.

Dorset-Girl said...

They are gorgeous, i'm sure you'll get further orders once the customers see these.
What do you wrap the rag strips round? Is it wire? Like Caroline, these are something to go on my 'to do' list too.

Martha said...

these hearts look so cheerful and bright! very much uplifting and energetic. gingham is my fave fabric :)