Monday 2 April 2012

Silence is golden :)

I know I said that I would finish the Debbie Bliss collar, well I did!
I discovered that the only way to get it done was to sit in solemn silence and mouth the pattern.  I am so pleased with the finished result and hope that the recipient likes it too.
So as I couldn't knit this on the train, I finished a pair of bed socks for a friend of a friend, they were a joy to knit as they were made in alpaca.
The tutorial will be along later this week... I had what you might call a technical hitch... I would call it an unmitigated disaster which means I am having a re-think and will get my tutorial out later in the week.  And yes, I do have evidence of this but do you think I will let you see the mess... well not yet, until I figure it out...

And finally, thought you might like to see this pic I took of the fishermen's nets drying on the wharf, I love the way the colours which should really clash work so well together.

So now go and take a look at Handmade Monday and take a look at how Wendy met up with Theo Paphitis.

PS - I have seen another pattern in the book, what do you think, should I go for it?

13 comments:

Tickled Pink said...

Oh my goodness the collar is beautiful. And I love the photo of the nets - something so functional yet so pretty too.

Wendy said...

The collar is just amazing. I'm in awe. I also love that photo of the fishing nets, beautiful.

Michelle said...

YAY! You did it! And, it looks beautiful! I say, go for it on the second project! :-D

Carolee Crafts said...

The collar is so pretty. Just shows a camera is a wonderful thing to capture a natural moment of colour in those fishing nets.

Helen said...

The collar is lovely, I'm sure the recipient will adore it!

Lyn said...

Well done Ros! The knitted lace is a triumph.

Looking forward to seeing the mess, umm, technical hitch, then I can be reassured that it doesn't just happen to me.

I love the fishing nets. They resemble dyed scrim - used for several crafts - and it always has a 'please use me' look.

Whitney-Anne Baker said...

the collar is georgeous - i am so in awe of people who can knit.

Sprinkles Crafting said...

The collar is gorgeous, I love debbie bliss patterns! I'm making a baby toy from one of her books at the moment! I look forward to your tutorial!

Jam Dalory said...

How pretty is that collar! Well done on getting it finished. x

Craft and Activities for All Ages said...

Knew you would Ros - finish the collar that is! Love the colours in your Fishing Nets photo...Nancy

Jan said...

The collar looks so intricate, well done you.
The photo is great, maybe you should take inspiration from these colours for your next project.

Jan x

Pickle Lily said...

What a labour of love - or are you like me, obsessive until it is exactly how you want the pattern! What next?
Happy Easter
Jo x

Anonymous said...

The collar is so pretty. I need silence for lace too. Live the nets.