Wednesday 30 November 2011

A couple of secrets.. sssh, don't tell!

Right, I have just finished my first Secret Santa make for this year... am rather relieved as it does have be in the post by Friday.
I am only sharing them with you because the person they are made for does not read my blog, so will not know that they are on their way.  However, I am now worrying, what if they are like me and do not drink tea... then I thought, what the heck, it just means they have a present to pass on for next year!
Best of all a friend, Elaine who has the amazing Victorian classroom at the bottom of her garden, gave me a bag of red buttons and beads back in the Summer and I was able to use a broken bracelet for the holly berries.  And if you want to make your own for a Secret Santa gift, here is the tutorial.
Now here is my second secret, when I was seven I thought that I had made the shocking discovery that there was not Santa Claus as I noticed that his handwriting on my gift tags on Christmas morning looked exactly like my mother's...  I challenged her on this from my little truckle bed and quick as a flash she told me that Santa Claus had actually gone to her school and that was why they both wrote in the same immaculate Copperplate hand.  So, now I can can exclusively reveal that Santa Claus went to a Loretto Convent just outside Dublin, and I know this is true as my mum would never lie to me, would she?
It's good to share...

6 comments:

charliesewsstuff said...

So lovely... I wish I was your Secret Santa! :D

Kat Shenton said...

Even as old as I am, I have never stopped believing in Santa. Sad? Maybe, but I believe we have to have some magic in our lives otherwise things get really dull. On the side knowledge, I at least know where he went to school!

Love the cosy. I have seen a few on stall recently that tried the Christmas theme, and whilst loved for the fact they were handmade, they didn't stand out half as much as yours does! Thanks for the share. If your friend doesn't like it I'll have it ;)

Michelle said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Your mom is quick on her feet! That's a wonderful story!

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Ros your secret santa recipient is going to think all her ships have come in! Red, Apple Greens and biscuit have to be one of my favourite colour combinations. Glad you did the detail shot too, as you can see how perfect the finish is. Now as to your mother, she sounds like a very sassy lady, I must admit that's how I was caught out with the boys but I wasn't as quick thinking as your mum:)

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

That's a lovely Father Christmas story Ros - a really nice way to keep the belief in FC.

Lucky Secret Santa recipient - a gorgeous gift.

Annie and Lyn said...

Your gift is beautiful - the recipient is very lucky!
And no, your mum would never have lied to you, so thank you for letting us know where Santa went to school!