Tuesday 27 September 2011

Happy Birthday Little Blog!

I cannot believe that I started to witter online a year ago but boy have I enjoyed it!

So, as it stands at the moment, I have had 20,603 hits, for 83 posts and just over 600 comments.  I have had visitors from all over the world, including a group of ladies in Brazil, some cross stitchers in Israel and looking at today's stats, Brits, Irish, Aussies, Kiwis, Serbs, Canadians, Americans, Indonesians and Greeks.  It just amazes me how people find the blog.

During this time I have learnt to write regularly, post up pictures and to improve my tutorial writing... well, I should have got better as we have 18 tutorials on line and counting.  I have even set myself a challenge of writing a tutorial every week until Christmas and I promised to do this stone cold sober!

And what will Year 2 bring?  Well, I am going to begin regular book reviews, more tutorials - let me know if there is something you would like me to tackle - and better pictures *note to self, practice more and find a use for the jar of marbles*

Finally thank you to all of you who take the time to read the blog and leave comments.  I still get such a frisson of excitement when I look at the daily stats and see how many have looked, where they have come from and what they think of the blog - thank you all very much and don't be a stranger xxx

13 comments:

Polly Polkadot said...

Happy Birthday Blog. I would never have expected to enjoy blogging, or reading blogs, so I understand all your joy! Long may it continue!

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Happy Happy Birthday RosMadeMe! What you describe as 'witter' also constitutes, interesting, unique, useful, entertaining, gorgeous (running out of adjectives) posts that keep us all coming back. Thank you x

Stocki said...

Happy bloggy birthday! Fantastic blog that I always look forward to 'popping up'..thanks Ros :)x

Annie and Lyn said...

Happy Blog Birthday Ros!

Is that cake for real? If it is, whoever made it is very clever!

We look forward to many more years of entertaining posts.

Chrysalis said...

Many happys, Ros! I came across your blog by accident tonight and love it! You sound like a woman after my own heart, with all your WIP - not to mention that my family live in Southend! I'm going to start your lovely cable scarf as pressies for my 2DDs - and maybe a macho version for their menfolk, too? Anyway, love for now and keep up the good work. Maybe I'll bump into you when we're down in SoS sometime. Chris x

lovetartan said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I love your blog Ros :)

Pickle Lily said...

Happy Birthday Blog!
I love reading your posts and your tutorials are great!
Love Jo and Pickle-Lily x

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I lurve reading your blog....i might even get up the nerve to try a tutorial some day!

Unknown said...

Happy Blog-birthday! Congrats on impressive stats!

I agree about the rush I get when I see my daily average "views" on the rise. A friend recently asked how I thought we could get our readership to increase and the only thing I KNOW is that I have made friends with my more frequent readers by following their posts and commenting with genuine impressions.

Wendy said...

Happy Blog Birthday Ros! It's no wonder the visitors are finding you - useful, unique content is what Google's all about these days. Well done and keep it up.

My latest post is dedicated to you - it's all about the gubbins!! x

The mum of all trades said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I love your blog, may you have many more blog birthdays.

Beth said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I'm glad I found yours and look forward to reading future posts.

Anonymous said...

Just saying hello. Here from Texas