Tuesday 2 August 2011

Hearts and Flowers - inspired by Poppy Treffry

Here you go, here is my piece of free hand embroidery which I have called Hearts and Flowers.  You might remember that originally I thought I might put them in a vase but I thought they looked better as a tied bunch, besides which it gave me a chance to try some of the other stitches on my machine.
And here are a couple of other views:


I am not sure whether I should frame it or make it the cover of a gardening diary, I am wavering towards the latter.


I have to say it was great fun to just let rip... I know I need to practice more but for my first attempt I am pretty pleased.

5 comments:

D said...

Your flowers are beautiful! You clearly have a talent for this.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Oh I can feel your excitement. Wonderful picture, I would frame it but then that's me. Can't wait to see what you're going to try next

Annie and Lyn said...

Your flowers would look beautiful as a picture but they would make a lovely journal cover too!
When you've been sewing with a machine in a traditional manner for years, free-motion embroidery takes a bit of getting used to doesn't it?

Polly Polkadot said...

Love it! Really cheerful

Bella-Boutique said...

This is brill! Isn't it great fun the FME. I love your use of decorative stitches too, my machine has loads of them but I barely ever use them and perhaps this might inspire me!